Monday, November 3, 2008

9 or so...

So I ought to go count up days but I'm writing already so I'm just going to have to guess...
9 I think...

I read in Cookie Magazine - which I am not sure why I get btw, it just started showing up one day - all sorts of sad statistics regarding married couples and their sex life after children.  Hmmm... very sad.  The good thing is that I realize while my husband would claim that there is no such thing as enough sex, for the amount of days he is actually in the same state I am in, he is doing very well.  
But at some point in the article the writer challenged the readers to a week of sex every night.  I actually laughed out loud.  This is a challenge???  So I wrote my dearest an email (he was out of state - shocker) and let him know that we'd been challenged.  He is a competitive kind of guy and he was traveling home that night.  I don't think I have ever received so many phone calls and emails from him though.  He was quite anxious to verify that he had read his email correctly and I was asking him for 7 consecutive days of sex.  He was very interested in all the statistics in the article.  He was even more interested in the two couples who committed to a year of sex every night and wrote books about them.  
I put the kids to bed, dug up some old hot pink lacy thing with a thong and covered it up with an equally old black silk robe and set to work cleaning up the kitchen.
He came in and gave me a kiss and I sent him off to A.) shave and B.) do something about the hamburger and onion I could smell on his breath.  UGH!  He complied with both requests and that was night one.
Night two I had a school meeting that ran until almost 11 o'clock.  I got home at 11:30 and ran into the house... he had candles in the bed room and a bottle of wine and glasses waiting but never mind that - we had 30 minutes to meet our second day of the challenge.
And we did meet the week challenge and it was fun and the sex did add a closeness and flirtatiousness that has been lacking over the last few years.  But somehow Halloween and an October 29th Birthday and a November 1st Birthday and general fatigue of the busy life of parents of small kids took over and we sort of fell off the bandwagon.  I mentioned it to him today at work and he has decided that we are starting over and going for the full 365.  Uh huh.  He is working late tonight and then the next out of town trip is just around the corner.  
So what can I say?  A week was fun, and I recommend it.  And I think it is funny that the person who was too tired and too busy wasn't me :-)

2 comments:

Tiff said...

That is to funny...I might have to take this challenge...but my visitor will be here so soon..lol..so I will have to try this at a later date...cute post! :)

Tiff said...

stopping in to say hello!! hope your weekend was great!! :)